top of page
Time & Location
May 29, 2018, 8:00 PM
Passeig de Vara de Rey, 26, Passeig de Vara de Rey, 26, 07800 Eivissa, Illes Balears, Spain
About The Event
- Do you remember the days when you were rushed to school with a lunchbox?
- Did you ever dread staying in the classroom and only looked forward to going outside to play?
- Have you ever felt that you wished more out of your peers, teachers, or school system?
- What if you had classes that encouraged your creative expression in many ways than painting and music? What if you had peers and counselors to help guide your social and empathic skills?
- We're sure you've heard of magnet, charter or even waldorf schools, and we are very excited to have educational leaders such as Rudolf Steiner and Maria Montessori come share their expertise.
- Find out the availability of educational systems based on the role of imagination in learning, striving to integrate holistically the intellectual, practical, and artistic development of pupils. This is reflected in the school's approach to early childhood education, which focuses on practical, hands-on activities and creative play.
- Later these educational programmes focus on developing artistic expression and social capacities; and finally on developing critical reasoning and empathic understanding. The overarching goal is to develop free, morally responsible and integrated individuals equipped with a high degree of social competence. Within these systems, individual teachers and schools have a great deal of autonomy in determining curriculum content, teaching methodology, and governance.
- Presented by:
- - David Sanz is a teacher in the Waldorf school, centered in Cami des Fornas here in Ibiza.
- - Elisabet Fábergas Alegre is a Montessori guide and master in Holistic education working in different holistic projects on the island.
bottom of page